Plants don’t eat, they drink!
Bio Seed is a new, organic, seed and soil inoculant, designed to inoculate your crops with beneficial bacteria (Paenibacillus azotofixans, Bacillus megaterium, B. mucilaginosus, B. subtilis) & fungi (Trichoderma harzianum). This consortium is not crop-specific, and promotes your soil health from the start. The bacterial and fungal colonies in Bio Seed all have multiple functions to improve nutrient availability by releasing phosphorus and potassium nutrients from soils and granular fertilizers and fixing atmospheric nitrogen. Bio Seed is composed of a rhizosphere-competent consortium that will grow with your crop’s root structure, and support a healthy soil ecosystem in the long term, while increasing yields immediately.
How Bio Seed Works
This product is designed to:
- Fix atmospheric nitrogen for plant use
- Mineralize nitrogen from organic matter
- Solubilize phosphorus from soil
- Mobilize potassium for easier plant uptake
- Solubilize silica in soil
- Expand the root zone for increased nutrient and water uptake
All strains in Bio Seed are Gram-positive, facultative strains, so even if there are cold, wet conditions after planting, the microbes will survive and thrive!
Soybeans: Bio Seed as a seed treatment increased yield by 13.7 bushels per acre in this replicated trial.
Researcher: Bruce Kirksey, Agricenter International, Memphis, TN
Onions: This replicated trial compared Bio Seed to another biofertilizer and a control, both applied as in-furrow drenches at planting. The Bio Seed plots had a net revenue increase of $721/acre over the control and $465/acre over a competitor (mainly from much higher yields, but also from less fungicide use and better bulb size), while using 1/10th of the competitor product volume per acre.
Researcher: Lucero B. Fernandez, Antonio Medina, Grupo Lucava, Mexico, and Dr. Juan Carlos Diaz, Ag Biotech Inc.
Almonds: This Bio Seed treated new planting showed a 17% increase in trunk cross section area (mm2 in figure), over the control. The root balls were soaked in a 100 g/acre solution prior to planting, and the trunks were evaluated at 9 months after planting.
Researcher: Tristan Hudak, Sacramento, CA
How to Use & Compatibility
Bio Seed is safe to mix with liquid fertilizers and even with in-furrow fungicide or insecticide applications. Drip irrigation or root drenches on established orchards are also effective application methods. Bio Seed is applied at a 50 gram per acre rate (125 g per hectare) in furrow, and 100 g/ac (250 g/ha) as a drench on tree crops.
All bacterial strains deposited in Budapest Treaty recognized depository, and Trichoderma strains licensed by Government of India Research Institute. Bio Seed holds organic approval by OMRI & NOP.
Designed with Growers in Mind
- features fertility enhancing bacteria that convert N,P, & K into plant available forms. Low transportation costs, a long shelf life, and proven effectiveness over a broad range of soil conditions and crops make Bio Seed the preferred choice for biological inoculants.
- As a seed treatment: Apply Bio Seed at a rate of 0.3% of seed weight, mix with water at a 1:7 ratio, and apply evenly to seeds.
- For In-furrow applications at planting: Mix 50 grams (2 scoops) of Bio Seed in transplant water. Compatible with most standard chemicals.
- As a drench for orchards: Mix 100 g (4 scoops) in enough water to soak into the root zone. Apply in Spring.
- Drip irrigation: Mix 50 grams (2 scoops) in water and inject through irrigation system.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bio Seed
About Ag BioTech, Inc.
Ag BioTech, Inc. was founded in 1992. Our company provides biostimulants, biofertilizers, and plant growth promoting microbes to farmers, distributors, and value chains worldwide. For two generations, we have served farms across New York states and we are proud to serve the same customers today. We are among the leading experts in biostimulant applications, and combine the best conventional and organic inputs to produce sustainable solutions and results for our customers.
In addition to Bio Seed, we provide customers with Bio Shot and other products to enhance plant health and crop yield.